Haunting/Hunting Adeline by H.D Carlton (POSSIBLE SPOLIERS)

 

Haunting/Hunting Adeline was the first dark romance I had read. I first came across Haunting Adeline on Tiktok because of BookTok and I really didn't get into it. Until recently when I got more videos and posts on social media about our love Zade Meadows. To be honest, it was the fanart that made me want to read Haunting/Hunting Adeline. Before I go in deep with this review, I would like to remind my audience to read the trigger warnings before reading the book! This book is not for everyone and everyone's mental health matters to me! So please don't pick this book up if you know you aren't capable to handle it. 

Anyways, Adeline is a famous author living in Parsons Manor. Parsons Manor is a gothic mansion she inherited from her grandmother. Recently, she was at her book signing at a library where Zade accidently meets her. Zade Meadows, he's giving a mysterious aura. He and his organization Z take down child predators and human trafficking rings. Zade's soul is dark but he does have good intentions at heart but not necessarily can't show it in a good way sometimes. 

Book 1 Review:

Haunting Adeline just got into introducing Adeline and Zade but also the plot. This is a good reminder that the Book 1 of these series ends with a cliffhanger (thank god I purchased both copies at the same time). I think my favorite moment in this book would be Zade becoming vulnerable with Adeline especially Adeline shows concern while fighting her conflicted feelings about Zade. Look, I promise I wouldn't have dealt with the Zade situation the same way Adeline did in the real life. But I would do anything for Zade LMAO! Like I said before: THIS BOOK ENDS WITH A CLIFFHANGER AND PLEASE READ THE TRIGGER WARNINGS!!

Book 2 Review: 

Please read the trigger warnings before reading this book! H.D Carlton did a great job writing the second job of the Cat and Mouse Series. Even after finishing reading the book, I keep coming back to this book and re-reading my favorite moments in the book. I think my favorite part of the Book 2 would be when Adeline gets her revenge and Zade being supportive and soft towards Adeline throughout the book. BUT ALSO WHEN ZADE KEEPS CALLING HER BABY *swooning*. I did mention about Adeline getting her revenge which is a possible spoiler in book 2 but it's a spoiler that you have to read the actual book to know what I mean. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Theoretically by Ali Hazelwood

King of Pride by Ana Huang